The ultimate statement piece, a freestanding bath, is a surefire way to add a touch of luxury to your bathroom. Whether you’re looking to recreate the elegance and sophistication of a spa-like retreat or want to renovate the space with an eye-catching tub, a freestanding bathtub is a perfect way to bring your bathroom goals to life.
At Bathroom Sales Direct, we pride ourselves on our 40 years of experience in bathroom design. Our collection is available in various styles and colours to match any bathroom décor and budget. So, for a blissful bathing experience that won’t break the bank, shop our range of affordable freestanding bathtubs.
The epitome of luxury, browse our range of freestanding bathtubs for sale
Freestanding baths have become increasingly popular in recent years. Here are just a few of the reasons why you might want to consider taking the plunge:
- Total creative freedom — With no need to be attached to a wall, freestanding baths can be placed anywhere in the room, giving you complete freedom when it comes to the design and layout of your dream bathroom.
- The illusion of space — While they may take up a substantial surface area, freestanding baths also help to create the illusion of additional space as walls do not restrict them. This is especially beneficial if you have a narrow bathroom.
- Easy to clean — Freestanding baths are much easier to clean than traditional baths as there are no hard-to-reach areas. You can wipe them down after use, and they will look good as new.
- Exceptional comfort— They’re often more comfortable to use than built-in baths as they provide more support for your back and neck. This is because they are taller and deeper than built-in baths, making for a decadent soak.
- Easy to install — Freestanding baths are relatively easy to install because they don’t need to be connected to walls. Since they don’t require a frame, they can be installed last, reducing the potential for damage during your bathroom renovation.
- Endless design choice — The sky is the limit in design. Whether you want a classic clawfoot look or something more modern, freestanding baths are available in various materials and shapes and sizes.
Shop the Bathroom Sales Direct collection of freestanding baths in Australia
Whether you want to make a statement in the centre of the room or tuck it away in a corner, a freestanding bath gives you the flexibility to design the bathroom of your dreams. Ready to take the plunge? Shop our selection of freestanding baths online today.
While you’re here, don’t sleep on our complete bathtub collection. From stone baths to corner tubs, back-to-wall styles and inset models, there are plenty of options for every bathroom size and renovation budget. It’s easy to set up an account with us, but if you have any questions, check out our FAQs and don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team.
Are freestanding baths good for small bathrooms?
Many homeowners believe that freestanding baths are only suitable for large bathrooms, but they can also be a stylish and practical addition to smaller spaces. One of the main benefits of a freestanding bath is that it can help create the illusion of extra space. Because they are not attached to any walls, they appear to take up less room than built-in baths, making the room appear bigger. Also, freestanding baths come in various shapes and sizes, so you can easily find one to fit your bathroom’s layout.
Do you need to waterproof under a freestanding bath?
Yes, absolutely. When buying a freestanding bath, you should always waterproof the area beneath it. Waterproofing helps to prevent moisture from seeping into the floor and causing mould or mildew to grow. It also protects the floor from damage if the tub leaks. While it is possible to install a freestanding tub without waterproofing, doing so can lead to costly repairs down the road. It’s always best to err on the side of caution.
Are freestanding baths comfortable?
There’s nothing like a relaxing soak in a freestanding bath. Whether taking a quick break from your busy day or indulging in an evening of self-care, these tubs are an idyllic setting for relaxing and unwinding. Unlike standard tubs built into an alcove or surround, freestanding baths are not constrained by dimensions or architecture, which means the designs are more ergonomic. And since they’re typically deeper than standard bathtubs, they’re ideal for spending long periods in.